100% Naija was built on the efforts of readers just like you. Readers who didn’t have any experience as writers but decided to try their handwriting and send it in.
So here is the deal: we love publishing articles by our regular readers. You don’t need to be an expert, you just need to have great English, a sense of humour, a love for things unusual, interesting or newsworthy and be a Nigerian citizen.
It works like this: You write your article, you send it in, we reply and say “Great—we’ll publish it”; or we reply and say “Sorry—it isn’t the sort of thing our readers will love—give it another shot.”
Either way, you win—your article will be read by us and reviewed, and if it’s amazing it will appear on 100% Naija to be read by millions of people!
The rules are really pretty simple. As long as your article (and we do mean yours—don’t steal other people’s stuff) identifies with Nigeria, you can choose any topic you like. Make sure you subscribe to the blog- very important. We also need you to link to reputable sources so we can verify the facts in your article.
Length: your articles can be as long as you want, as long as it’s articulate and in English (except if requested in another language). It must include heading, list of keywords, a 5-line summary on the article, state the category the article belongs to and your name.
Author’s page: once you pass the 5-Article hallmark, you will automatically be eligible for an author’s page. At this milestone, send in your picture, your name and 50 words bio. If you have a blog, a social media account, or a book you want to promote, send the details in also and we will stick it at the bottom of your article and on your author’s page.
Pictures and Video: when you send in your articles, you do not need to include videos. You may include images if available and if not, our team of editors does a great job selecting the best images to complement your writing. However, if you are desperate to include some of your own supporting videos, just include a link to the YouTube page. We don’t promise we’ll use them, but we’ll definitely consider them.
• Entries or articles must be submitted in word format.
• Submissions must be through the online portal or submitted via the email, particularly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• There is no limit to the word count of submissions.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but duplicated materials/submissions will be rejected.
• Writers are expected to thoroughly check all facts in their submissions, reference and quote unoriginal facts.
• Upon submission of an entry, the submission (including any and all intellectual property rights therein) remains the property of the Writer but to right to share same on any of its platforms is reserved in 100% Naija.
• 100% Naija will not be responsible for the content or legal rights and responsibilities attached to the content of every entry/submission.
• 100% Naija reserves the right not to return manuscripts to the Senders.
Ready to start? Send in your article to the Editors email and get published today!